Salisbury Fire Department

Photo Gallery


Fire Caused By Rug Left On Heater - Baker Street, Salisbury
Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Salisbury Fire Department Stations 2, 16 and 1 were alerted for a reported structure fire on the morning of Januray 19th, just after 10am on Baker Street. Upon arrival, crews found a multi-story wood frame structure with smoke showing from the second floor. Truck 2 performed forcible entry on the front door and encountered smoke throughout the structure. Engine 1 established a water supply with LDH and then advanced a handline into the structure for fire suppression. Tower 16 threw ground ladders to multiple sides of the building and checked exposures in the B1 and B2 apartments. Crews discovered the smoke was caused by a rug that had been placed over the floor heat vent which caused the rug to melt. Positive pressure ventilation was set up at the front door to remove smoke. Command, (Tull), requested Neighborhood Services & Code Compliance and the Maryland State Fire Marshal’s Office. All units returned to service without incident. Units: AC1, DC1, TK2, PM2, E1, PM16, E16, TOW16 Photo by: Cliff Shockley

Views: 149